Certificate in Caring for Dogs
Learn about the psychology of animals
Whether you are a responsible dog owner, you want to enter the dog care industry, or you already work in a dog care related business; this course will provide you with essential knowledge to improve your ability to care for canines. Become a skilled dog owner, improve your ability to work within the volunteer field, or gain important skills to work in any dog related industry.
- Describe the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs.
- Learn the basic characteristics of different breeds of dog, and how the suitability of breeds can differ.
- Get a foot in the door of the competitive dog care industry
- Provide your own dogs with the best care possible.
- This course has been reviewed by RSPCA Victoria
Our students say
★★★★★ “Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there whenever I need help!” Harriet Gregory
Assessments: 9 modules / 9 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Duration: 90 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
This course covers nine modules
- Introduction to Dog Care
- Canine Biology
- Dog Health – Part 1
- Dog Health – Part 2
- Exploring Dog Breeds
- Dog Breeding
- Dog Behaviour and Training
- Grooming Dogs
- Other Dog Services
Nicole Pilkington – Pet and Animal Care Tutor
Nicole has over 25 years experience working as a Veterinary Nurse. She has worked in various Veterinary clinics, Emergency hospitals where at one of them she held a practice management role. Nicole has trained and mentored many people that have been interested in a career in the Veterinary nursing and Animal care Industry. Training, behaviour of puppies is something that she has a lot of experience with. She has a passion for animals and teaching. Being able to share this with others is what she enjoys the most.
Complete the form and learn about:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Study Method
- How to get help and contact information
- Everthing you need to know before enrolling!
Want to Know More About This Course?
Get your free course guide now! Complete this easy form and you'll receive a course guide consultation from The Career Academy.